Tuesday 24 April 2012

Be careful what you pray for...

I'm excited about this new blogging journey. I've been thinking about it for a while and wondering how to be honest and insightful without being inappropriately personal and naked. I haven't figured it out yet but I've got over my fear of trying, spurred on by a lovely lady in Ireland who I've spent most of my life copying!
So, what to write about? One of the many ravings that has been on my heart for the past couple of days is how we don't often realise when prayer has been answered, especially those half-thought of desperate, prayers like 'Lord, please make me a better person!' when we've wronged someone. God, in His wisdom and parent-like sense of humour, answers us very practically and makes us learn things. I've found myself wondering why certain situations keep recurring (such as being plan-lessly broke!) then i remember that i asked Him to teach me to rely on Him. Ouch! I wonder why my 4-going-on-14 year old daughter is being so trying and I remember that I prayed to be a more patient mum.
In short, I've learnt that God rarely waves His magic wand (!) and transforms us, but He truly takes the time to grow us and teach us to be better people in ways that will last. I'm still to see Him answer those other desperate prayers - may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of my enemies! (stolen curse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment