Monday 11 February 2013

27 January 2013 - life lessons

I never thought I'd be this gutted with the death of a pet. For all our complaining about him and accusing him of being in the way, Brutus was such a part of our family. He is sorely missed.
With all the drama of the past week, with Tanaka discipline issues, various financial and relational minefields, to Brutus's illness, I'm constantly grateful for my husband who is there to share the burdens of life with me. But every time I think of how much I have I think of the same sized gaping hole in the life of the widow of my friend. None of us, when we signed up for marriage, ever imagined widowhood before our 30th birthday. I don't even know where I'd start if it happened to me. But I guess I do have a form of survivor's guilt for enjoying my hubby when she doesn't have one and she didn't ask for him to go or even have time to prepare for his departure. Sometimes life just hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment